Tuesday, March 22, 2011

White Slipcovers and a few befores.......oh boy it was bad!!!!!

let me start with the afters.....makes me feel better!
still have to paint the brick....waiting for the go ahead!






just finished these white slipcover a few weeks ago...I love them, being white denim and having four kids and two big labs......there are a few things I did to save myself from going crazy....
made a slipcover for the slipcover!!!! I just finished the sides of the same fabric, tuck it in the back and the front under the cushions....pull off and toss in the washer.....works perfectly!
arm covers that have the same welting that it has underneath so you don't really notice them...
I finished the bottom with a welt and not a skirt still trying to decide about adding a skirt....the family likes it without but I am leaning more towards a skirt......

3 comments:

  1. Love your sofas, really beautiful !! And i just love the brick wall...I was going to put a brick wall in my house..still might

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Want to paint it in the worst way....been researching on how to give it an old worn loft-like look....we will see..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and giving me your fabric source. I was on their site and it looks quite reasonable. Wow! after looking at all your wonderful work here my little chair pales in comparison! Just lovely and welcome to blogging!
    Kim:)

    ReplyDelete