Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring is just around the corner!!!

 I purchased these plates to go on the wall in threes on either side of the sideboard, but I like how they looked stacked.....I am so in love with this mini orchard....she is just so lovely....!
 I had to hurry and get this shot before my kids gobbled these up!!! So fresh! 
 Love this over sized basket......$12 at The Christmas Tree Shop! I can ALWAYS find something there! Never disappointed especially with the spring collections!!!

 Had to try out the "Drop Cloth" drapes!!! I LOVE how they came out! They look just like Linen! They had a choice of grey or natural......I chose the gray. These cost me $20 to make, I have made things like this for customers that have coast.....well lets just say a whole lot more than that with the some results!

 It might seem like a pain but I hang the curtains, mark them, take them down again and hem them....I can NEVER get the measurements right just using a tape. This way you only have to do it once!
 I prefer to sew the fabric right onto the rings rather than using the clips, it takes a tiny bit longer but I think it looks a bit more polished.
 I found this top that belongs to a ships trunk, in Nantucket a few years ago at the DUMP! I had to remove it from the base unfortunately because the bottom was rotting....from what I understand it is from the early 1900's....I need to take it into the Whaling Museum over on the island and get the real story. But for now I just keep moving it all over our house!

 Some much fabric so little time!!












1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your lovely blog, your photography is just wonderful! So crisp and clear.

    Have a beautiful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete